We value the contribution of our Corporate and Individual Volunteers throughout The Benjamin Foundation. Our volunteers are vital in supporting and delivering our services.
Volunteering is a two way process and in order to ensure that you have a positive experience, we seek to:
- Offer equal opportunities to get involved
- Match your skills to the right volunteering role
- Provide support, training and supervision
- Build confidence and self esteem
- Improve your CV and help you to gain work experience
- Make new friends
- Make a difference to your community
To find out more about our current volunteering opportunities please email us at: email@example.com
- Role: To join an exciting project in North Norfolk and assist the Lead Handyman and Project Manager in providing a high quality basic repair and maintenance service in the homes of older and younger people, helping them maintain their independence and remain in and enjoy their homes.
- Hours: Flexible to suit your needs
- Location: North Norfolk
If you have any experience in basic repair work, maintenance, gardening and general diy and have a few hours a week to spare then please get in touch as we would love to hear from. More about the service can be found here: Ben's Workforce
Updated 27th June 2018Role Description Volunteer Application Form
- Role: General maintenance, DIY and gardening
- Hours: To be mutually agreed to meet the needs of te service
- Location: King's Lynn
- Info: Please complete the application form below
- Role: To maximise income by selecting and selling suitable items on Ebay and to increase awareness, footfall and sales through social media. Please see the role description below.
- Hours: To be mutually agreed to meet the needs of the service
- Location: Ipswich, Re-use shop
"Since October 2015 I have been volunteering on a weekly basis in the Finance Office and thoroughly enjoy whatever tasks I am set, which can include assisting the HR team.
"Retirement is great but this voluntary work provides me with a focus and I look forward to Thursdays when for 5 hours I am part of a team again, using my skills, and gaining new ones, to support the foundation with the great work it does.
"I am treated as an equal and working with such a friendly, appreciative and supportive group of people is the icing on the cake. I can heartily recommend volunteering for The Benjamin Foundation; donating my time and skills to the organisation is satisfying and my self-worth and confidence, which had dipped since retiring, have improved greatly. Sharing experiences and laughter (and cups of tea) with colleagues isn't bad either!"