Parenting can be hard and sometimes things can get tough. As a parent or carer you want what is best for your child.
In partnership with Norwich Opportunity Area, we are offering short term early intervention to support families with the many obstacles that stop their young people from regularly attending and getting the best out of education. We can tailor our support very much to the needs of the child and family and recommendations from the school. We work closely with teachers and SENCO’s and provide a link between home and school. We also invite the parents we support to join a Nurtured Heart Approach® parenting course.
A Family Support Worker can:
- Meet to talk where you feel most comfortable
- Offer family support including 1:1 sessions with young people
- Give you hints and tips about general parenting issues and access to free six week parenting courses
- Find services and other agencies available to help you and your family and encourage good attendance
- Foster positive relationships between home and school
- Offer benefits advice
- Help children to explore their emotions and manage their anger
- Supporting the transition from Primary to High School
- Finding activities for children to attend in the summer holidays
- Liaising with the Foodbank around support and summer activities
These are just some examples of the support we can offer.
Referral information: All referrals are to come through schools. The school have to obtain parents’ permission to refer to The Inclusion Project.
Our thanks to Norwich Opportunity Area for funding this very important project.