- Visit Virgin Money Giving and under 'Start Fundraising' select 'Create Your Page'.
- Complete your details.
- Virgin Money Giving will ask you how you're raising money. Enter 'Ipswich Sleep Out 2018' and you should be able to select the event from the options provided.
- You can then complete setting up your personal fundraising page to share with family, friends and colleague to gain sponsorship for your Sleep Out challenge.
- We ask participants to arrive at the venue between 7pm and 8pm (please note participants are not able to park at the venue. However, there are several car parks nearby.
- We will be sleeping outside in the car park of Providence House.
- During the evening, we will show a short video and give a talk about our support for young people who would otherwise be homeless.
- This is an outdoor event but there will be access to indoor toilets.
- Some hot food will be provided free of charge during the evening.
- Hot drinks will be available to make yourself throughout the night.
- From 11pm we ask participants to keep noise to a minimum to respect others taking part and neighbours who may be asleep.
- We will provide a small hot breakfast free of charge from 6am to 7am when the event ends.
- A sleeping bag
- Lots of layers of warm and waterproof clothing, including a hat and gloves
- Cardboard to put underneath your sleeping bag – it helps keep out the cold and is a little softer than the tarmac car park
- Your own snacks and drinks if you wish
- Please do not bring alcohol
Our work in Suffolk to prevent youth homelessness
We have accommodation centres in Ipswich and Stowmarket for young people aged 16-25 who are homeless, or at great risk of becoming so. We not only provide them with a stable home, but give them the confidence and skills they need so they can leave us and forge an independent life.
'Heart and Home' also provides an important service to prevent youth homelessness in Suffolk. We have a network of Hosts throughout the county who trained and supported by us to look after a person in the host's own home.
Ipswich Sleep Out 2017
Andrew took part in Ipswich Sleep Out 2017. In this video he describes his experience of the event so far.
Watch Anisha and Julie's story to find out more about the impact of our support in Suffolk.