Show a young person in Norfolk and Suffolk they matter this Christmas
Make a donation or towards our Christmas Gift Appeal and you can ensure each of the children and young people supported by our charity receives a gift this Christmas.
Each year, our Christmas Gift Appeal is wonderfully supported by members of the public, local community groups and businesses to ensure each young person helped by our charity receives a present during the festive season.
This year, you can support our gift appeal in different ways. You can make a one-off or regular donation here, or if you would prefer to buy a physical gift we would be delighted to receive that too. Please read through the gift guidance provided on this page and if you have any questions please contact us on 01603 615670 or email [email protected]
Who can I donate to?
There are a range of children, young people and families who you can donate gifts or money to purchase gifts throughout Norfolk and Suffolk. Please talk to us if you would like to donate to a service that is local to you, or one that you feel passionate about. Alternatively, you can donate gifts to us and we will make sure that they go to where they are needed the most.
In 2021, we would love to give Christmas gifts to the following young people we support:
- Individual gifts for young people at risk of being homeless who we look after in our eleven accommodation centres or who live with one of our host families across Norfolk and Suffolk, aged 16-25 years
- Individual gifts for children and young people who use our one-to-one support and guidance services aged 5-18 years
- Group or individual gifts for Young Carer Groups in Norfolk, made up of young people and children aged 6-18 years
How to donate a physical gift
We would like to ask that everyone who would like to donate a physical gift lets us know in advance. To make a gift, please follow the following three steps:
- Let us know. Please fill in this online form. On it you can choose who you would like to donate to and where and when you are going to drop off your gift. Find a map of the drop off locations here. Please include your contact details so that we know who to thank!
- Purchase your gift. Click here to view guidance on buying gifts for our Christmas Appeal. Please do not wrap your donated gift as we need to check each of the gifts delivered to us. We do accept donated wrapping paper, if you would like to donate some.
- Drop off your gift. Purchase your gifts and deliver to the drop off point you selected online, UNWRAPPED, no later than Sunday 28th November. If you need to change your drop off location or date, or if you have any questions, do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
What Type of Gifts Should I Buy?
Within the service you have selected, we have a mix of male and female young people of varying ages, so a wide range of gifts are needed! Our service managers will then decide which of the young people they support would appreciate the gift the most. Historically, the group for who we have received the fewest presents are young males, so if you are able to donate a gift suitable for that group of people it would be most appreciated.
If you are donating to a Young Carers group, you can give individual or group presents that several young people could use or play with at the same time.
How Much Should I Spend on a Gift?
We suggest a maximum spend of £25 for an individual gift. However, several items can be used to make up a gift so items of any value, up to this amount, would be appreciated. Presents costing less than £25 are very welcome.
If you are donating a group gift for our Young Carers Group, we suggest spending up to £50.
If you would like to donate money instead
You may prefer to donate money towards our gift appeal instead to enable us to purchase gifts for the young people we support. You can donate quickly and easily online here.
If you have any questions about the Christmas Gift Appeal, please contact our team on [email protected] or telephone Joshua on 07825 130003
Thank you for your generosity.Click here to let us know that you would like to donate a physical gift
Ideas for Christmas gifts
For ages 6 to 11: Board Games and Puzzles; Chocolates and Sweets; Story Books; Colouring Books, Crayons & Stickers; Soft Toys; Animal Figures
For ages 12 to 16: Chocolates and Sweets; Notepads and Stationery; Books and DVDs; Crafting or Creative Gifts; Model Kits.
For ages 17 – 25: Gift Vouchers; Arts and Craft Supplies; Chocolates and Sweets; Toiletries or Make-up Gift Sets; Aftershave or Perfume; Notepads and Stationery; Kitchenware and Crockery; DVDs
Gifts should cost a maximum of £25. Gifts costing less than this amount are very welcome.
Read our Guidance Notes here