Leave a Legacy
From time to time we receive legacies from people who choose to leave us a donation in their will and it may be that you would like to do that too. You may want to specify a particular part of our work or support our charity as a whole, the choice is yours.
Leaving a Legacy: Your gift for the future
Leaving a will is a positive and simple way to support your nominated charity, whatever your current financial situation. A legacy of any size can make an enormous difference to our work in supporting people in need across Norfolk.
If you haven't made a will, the state will decide how your estate will be distributed and this may not reflect your wishes.
Making a will is simple and not necessarily expensive. You can get help from a solicitor, a professional will writer or even use 'DIY' forms available from many stationers. If you have a will already you can make small changes to it using a codicil form.
Remember any legacy you leave to The Benjamin Foundation is free from tax so we can use every single penny to help people in Norfolk that need our support.
Several ways to help
You can leave us a gift in your will in a number of ways:
• Specific legacy - this is where you leave a specific item such as property, jewellery or other valuables
• Pecuniary legacy - this is a gift of a specific amount of money
• Residual legacy - this is where you leave us the remainder of your estate after any other specific items or amounts have been taken into account.
In memoriam donations
Some people choose to request that family and friends make a donation to The Benjamin Foundation instead of sending funeral flowers. You can include this instruction in your will or let your family know of your wish.
We have prepared these sample wordings for you to use in your will:
Pecuniary bequest - "I give to The Benjamin Foundation, at Kings Arms Loke, North Walsham, NR28 9FE (registered charity number 1124936), the sum of £ ..... (free of all taxes) for its charitable purposes and I declare that the receipt of the Treasurer or authorised office will be sufficient discharge to my executor/s"
Residuary bequest - "I give my residuary estate to The Benjamin Foundation, at Kings Arms Loke, North Walsham, NR28 9FE (registered charity number 1124936), for its charitable purposes and I declare that the receipt of the Treasurer or authorised office will be sufficient discharge to my executor/s"
'Make A Will' week
During 'Make A Will Week' local solicitors often give their time free of charge, or at a significant discount, to update or write wills in return for a donation to a charity of your choice. Keep an eye on the local media for more details.
Your legacy can help us to help others in real need:
• £15 will provide a homeless person some every day essential items like toiletries
• £30 pays for a one hour session to help a child who may have had to cope with bullying at school
• £500 will pay for a day and overnight stay for deprived children to give them fun and new challenges
• £25,000 will pay for a minibus so we can provide freedom and new experiences to vulnerable young people
• £50,000 will pay for a new flat so that a young adult who may otherwise be homeless can build their own independent life.
If you would like to discuss this further please contact Claire Reynolds by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07889 171999.